In 1999 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) published the report “To
Err is Human,” that estimated as many as 98,000 deaths per year
occur in U.S. Hospitals due to preventable errors! Experts agree in
the future that number could approach 200,000 per year! The IOM suggested
Crew Resource Management training as one solution for this epidemic.
CRM is strongly recommended by leading healthcare organizations:
• Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare
Many safety programs are based around the cliché “safety
first.” Our systematic approach provides a true safety culture
that will redefine your organization’s safe practices.
• Institute of Medicine (IOM)
• The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
• Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
• Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP)
Safety is a by-product of standardized execution.
Using checklists greatly increases safe execution. It is not cookbook
medicine, but rather optimizing checklist usage for procedurally intensive
Human beings regardless of how well educated or technically proficient
will make mistakes. Using our proven error mitigation and elimination
tools, errors are identified and corrected before causing catastrophic
FLS provides invaluable teamwork benefits perfect for Perioperative
Staffs, Critical Care Staffs, Emergency Department Staffs, Nursing
Teams, and EMT Teams.
Visit our SBAR page for the latest
in standardized communication.
Fewer errors saves money, saves time, and saves lives!
• Near elimination of wrong site surgeries
• 53% reduction in adverse outcomes
• 70% reduction in surgical counts errors
• 50% reduction in patient ID errors
• 25% reduction in medical discrepancies
• Drastic increase in nurse retention through enhancing job
• Overall improvement in patient safety awareness
Level Solutions today to learn how your
team can reduce human error
and benefit from a TRM teamwork training seminar.